Dirt in Hotel Rooms
There is a dirty little secret that deals with the hotel rooms that we stay in. They can be a lot dirtier than we think they are. Instead of getting into the gritty details, I will tell you about the worst of it all and what to do about it.
Then relax and enjoy your vacation.
- Whether you like it or not, the blankets or top bed quilts that cover your hotel bed are not routinely cleaned and therefore are very suspect.
Just pull them off the beds with a tissue or a washcloth and drag them over to a corner of the room and leave them there. This will help greatly keeping you separated from the various nasties that are in your room.
- Bring sanitary wipes and wipe down all the surfaces, door handles, telephone, and remote control.
- Next place the room TV remote control into a quart size plastic baggy to protect you from any germs that are there. Or wipe it with one of your sanitary wipes.
- Next cover (with plastic sheet) or replace (temporally with your own) any computer keyboard that resides in the room.
- Don't worry too much about the toilet, basins, faucets, showers or bath tubs. They usually get the attention they need from the cleaning staff.
- Go visit Switzerland or Japan. They are fanatical in cleaning their rooms at hotel.
Go to Hotel Prices - Great Deals on Lodging page
Here are some important lodging tips:
Go to the Page on Hotels
Dirty Hotel Rooms