Take Short Breaks - A Great Travel Idea
One of the easiest forms of travel is simply to take short breaks. For instance, a long weekend is a great way to get away from work, school or a boring home life. A short weekend or an afternoon will do nicely, too.
Try these suggestions:
There are lots of ideas and ways of taking a short break in your area.
- Check your local newspaper for ideas.
- Type "Weekend Travel Ideas" + the name of your city into Google.
- Check a local entertainment magazine for events or restaurant menus.
- Take in an ethnic restaurant and ask the owners or waiters what is happening locally in their neighborhoods. See if there is any community notice board.
- Or just get into your car a drive. Explore the country side.
- Find a great hotel, cottage or Bed and Breakfast to escape. It always a good idea to take Short Breaks.
- Stop off at a neighborhood sports complex for a little league baseball game.
- Go shopping in a town you've never visited before.
- Jump on a bus and go to the end of the line. You can't get lost. To return, take the bus back.
- Stop off and investigate anything that captures your interest.
- Get a massage at one those inexpensive sit down places at the mall.
- Visit a local spa and treat yourself to a treatment.
- See a play. Talk to the players afterwards and find out their attitude to the work they are doing. This is easier in local or high school plays.
- Find a tiny café and stay the day.
- Go on a factory tour.
- Visit a pier or observatory. Or a local university when it's in session.
- Visit a TV or radio broadcasting studio.
- Taking in an exhibit at a museum.
- Try bicycling on a local bicycle path. They are everywhere now. Turn it into an overnighter at a hotel or motel somewhere, returning the next day.
- Take a local hike. Ask at any sports or camping store for ideas.
- Go camping. Rent or borrow the equipment.
- Go swimming at a swim park. Remember a long term pass can be relatively inexpensive.
Look around and just go!
Here is a quick list of More Travel Secrets:
Go to the Page on My Way to Travel
When Do I Take a Tour?
Take a Tour without a Tour
Here is a quick list of Different Kinds Of Travel:
Different Kinds Of Travel
Losing Weight Travel
One Road Travel